Wednesday, August 29, 2012


Intensity: It’s that feeling to dance.
Written and Photographed by JUN REYNALES.


Fitness First Platinum, Westgate Alabang, Muntinlupa City, August 23, 2012Can you dance? Can your feet follow the rhythm and the beat of some awesome latin music like samba? Well, I can’t.  

But not Ding Cruz.  

An awesome professional dancer with years of experience in dancing on and off the stage. From his years in DLSU Dance Troupe, to his commercial dancing stints with Whiplash, PowerDance, CCP Dance School (under Ballet Philippines), he is one of the respected dancer in this lively craft.

Caught up with Ding Cruz one fine early evening in his gym class at Fitness First Platinum at Westgate Alabang, and told me how he began with his love and passion for dancing. “Eversince I fell in love with dancing, I never looked back and enjoying every opportunity to dance...” Ding added.

During his classes on Zumba and BodySteps, he was not only a gym instructor but a good mentor to all his students. He showed and wowed them, as he electrified his moves to every beat, as his students paced and kept along with the flow and had a fun good work-out.

I noticed the whole class in one flow of bodies working with one beat harmoniously. With the beautiful music that pervaded the whole gym class, mind you, with such fine facilities in that branch, everyone gyrated to every move, every beat. Pretty sight indeed.

One thing is certain though: I can’t dance. I just like the feeling, and thought, that I think I can.  Just for the intensity to dance.

Life is Good!



No comments: